The title of web pages is extra-information that shows what a web site or web page is about. Having unique titles for every page on your website is highly important for humans and search engine web crawlers. The title could be thought of as a short thesis statement for an entire page or category of pages, or, in the case of the home page, an entire site.
We recommend that you:
- Make the title sound as naturally human as possible
- Use your main keywords from left to right
- Don't go over 70 characters (and even less if you use caps)
- Don't duplicate it with other titles
- Don't duplicate the meta description
- Do keyword research for the keywords in your niche before writing a title